Keeping your house clean involves hard work and plenty of time. Fortunately, you can rely on pressure washers to take out the hassle of keeping your outdoor space grime-free and tidy.
However, some homeowners get somewhat disappointed with their purchase for not being able to take care of those hard to reach spots. Some even feel that their power washer is not strong enough. On the other hand, some feel that the only solution is to use a ladder.
But there’s no need to put yourself at risk or buy a new unit. You may simply need to upgrade your wand to a telescoping pressure washer wand.
How Does A Telescoping Wand Work
A telescoping wand is a pressure washer accessory extender. It ensures that you’re safe on the ground while washing your 2 or even 3-story residence.
A lot of telescoping wands employ fiberglass as their main material. Hence they’re lightweight, cheaper, and designed for cold water. Meanwhile, those made from aluminum are heavier. Nonetheless, they are more durable and ideal for professional purposes.
An extension wand comes with a high-pressure hose along the inside of its pole that joins to its tip. This enables you to set its length from being completely retracted to fully-extended, or to whatever length you need it to be.
Additionally, your pressure wand extension will flex once the pressure is switched on. It will once again flex when you turn it off, so make sure that you’re at least ten feet away from any source of power every time. Due to this pressure, you need a 3/8 inches hose when connecting your telescoping extender to your power washer.
Also, it’s exhausting to hold up a pole high in the air. So it’s advisable to have an extension wand support belt that can help add balance and stability as it will carry some of the weight off. As a result, you’ll be able to do your chore longer and much more effectively.
Benefits Of Using A Power Washer Extension Wand
- A safe way to clean hard to reach and high areas without the need to leave the ground.
- Easily wash the roof, siding, windows, and other surfaces of your second-story home.
- You’ll be able to clean the gutters of your house even when you’re on the ground.
- Eliminates the need to use a heavy ladder.
Factors To Consider
- Weight. How much a wand weighs is an important consideration as it is made to assist you in reaching areas that you won’t usually be able to wash with a typical wand. So the last thing you want is to hold and maneuver something heavy above your head.
- Spray settings and easy extension. You also want to learn about these factors. The majority of power washer wands, including the telescoping type, are simple to use. You can attach them quickly and adjust with a single twist either to the right or left.
- Consider the material type. Opt for a stainless steel or aluminum wand if you use cleansers all the time or own a hot power washer.
How To Choose The Right Pressure Washer Wand Type
Selecting a wand compatible with your machine is not always easy since there are a lot of options on the market. If you’re looking to upgrade, make sure to go for an extension wand designed particularly for your unit. Also, it’s best to opt for something that the manufacturer recommends.
Most pressure washers only utilize extension wands that you can attach or hook using a particular attachment. Still, it’s always a good idea to check with your pressure washer’s manufacturer before making any purchase.
Also, you will find wands that you can extend out even higher than usual, those with pivoting nozzles, special wands to wash flat surfaces, and even foam lances for cleansers. But no matter what variety of telescoping wand you prefer, they all offer exceptional cleaning performance. The key here is knowing what type of cleaning task you want it to do.